The Beverly Hills Dog Show Comes to Pomona For Its Inaugural Televised Red Carpet Event
It’s “Barking with the Stars” as the Kennel Club of Beverly Hills brings its longtime dog show to Pomona for a historic and exciting television experience and a two-day celebration of the dogs in our lives.
“The Beverly Hills Dog Show Presented by Purina” and hosted by the Kennel Club of Beverly Hills will stage two dog shows at the Fairplex on Saturday and Sunday, March 4-5. It’s a new location and new dates for the club, established in 1965.
For its first year in Pomona, the club has generated a huge entry and much accompanying excitement.
· What kind of a dog is that? Look at that dog! Wow, look at that dog! What’s that one? 1,354 dogs of 166 breeds and varieties from 18 states on Saturday and a similar number on Sunday.
· What could be cuter than puppies? 51 puppies aged 4-6 months in a special competition Saturday morning. No matter what the judge may say, everyone knows that cuteness counts!
· Does your dog love the water? Then you will love watching the Purina Pro Plan Incredible Dog Challenge Diving Dog competition, where dogs take off from a dock and jump high and far in hopes of qualifying for national competition.
· Great family sport: Junior showmanship, where children ages 10-18 are judged on their handling abilities with their dogs.
· The Amerman Family Foundation Dog Therapy Program at the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is the charity partner of the Kennel Club of Beverly Hills, with $1 from every ticket sold going to the Foundation. Therapy dog volunteer teams will be at the dog shows to visit with spectators and talk about their wonderful work at the hospital.
· “Hey, that’s me!” You may see yourself on TV if you are there on Saturday, when USA Network and NBC Sports tape the show for television.
The “Beverly Hills Dog Show Presented by Purina” will be taped to premiere on USA Network at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Easter Sunday, April 16. The show will be hosted by John O’Hurley and David Frei, longtime co-hosts of the “National Dog Show Presented by Purina” on NBC. Mary Carillo will provide backstage looks, and famed Olympic figure skaters Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir will be on-hand conducting red carpet interviews. In addition to the Easter debut, USA Network will present an encore on April 17, and NBC will air a daytime encore on Sunday, April 23.
Fittingly, the seven Best In Show finalists on Saturday will walk a glitzy fashion show-esque runway in the finals of the competition, making it unlike any dog show ever before. Best In Show will be the culmination of a delightful two-hour television presentation featuring personalities from the world of entertainment helping with a celebration of dogs.
Tickets are available at www.kennelclubofbeverlyhills.com.
Established in 1965, the Kennel Club of Beverly Hills is one of the world’s most recognizable and prestigious kennel clubs. KCBH touches on and influences many audiences through its community activities that promote interest in dogs, responsible dog ownership, and canine health.
Short URL: http://caninechronicle.com/?p=121117
Comments are closed